Monday, September 7, 2009

Make n’ Tell Challenge: Day 7

While still in bed this morning I remembered I have a project that needs to be done by the end of the month. "Perfect, today's make n' tell," I thought. And it would have been too, if I could have located the supplies that I have. I thought they were still at the old house, so when we went out today I stopped to pick them up. Nope, not there. I guess I did grab them the last time I was there. Came home and located the boxes we brought back last time, no supplies. Dug around the loose bags in my craft room, nope. I have no idea where they are.

I had to resort to "what can I do that won't take very much time or effort now that I'm so tired and annoyed." So here is take 2 at a Dorset button. Same ring & floss as last time, but this time I added some beads and did my own thing with the weaving. I like how it turned out. I think I'd like more contrast with the beads next time, but these were the ones I had available with a large enough hole for the needle I had out. I was too tired to search for a new needle or a different color of floss.

I'm not sure what I'll end up doing with these buttons. Others have used them in jewelry, as embellishments on purses, hats & other items or as ornaments. We'll just have to wait and see what they decide to become.

No comments:

Post a Comment