Thursday, September 10, 2009

Make n’ Tell Challenge: Day 10

A good friend was in a car accident early this week and came home from the hospital yesterday. She wanted a few of her friends (and our kids) to come over today to play games with her. So after breakfast today I told the kids and we decided to make cards. One of our friend's favorite hobbies is making and trading Artist Trading Cards, so instead of greeting cards we made those. Each one is a miniature work of art, measuring 2.5"x3.5", the same as a baseball card. Artists typically give a title to their work. I have to admit that drawing, painting & the like are not my favorite crafty medium. I'm much more comfortable with the fiber arts.

My card

Titled: "Erika - a heart of gold with helping hands surrounded by a web of friends."

And the children's cards...

Top left - Emily's, titled "Hope"
Top right - Joshua's, titled "John the Parrot"
Bottom Sarah's - left, titled "Balloons" and right, titled "A person rafting at the ocean."

It's so much fun to watch the creativity of my children. They seldom worry if it is "good enough," but put their heart into it and have fun.

We spent the whole day in the company of friends laughing and playing. It's truly warms my heart to have such a wonderful group of friends.

1 comment:

  1. These are beautiful; I love that you chose to make art cards instead of greeting cards. And I hope your friend feels better.

    ReplyDelete